Friday 27 May 2016

ER-5 rebuild - getting going

The start of things to come


So the first things I tackled was replacing the battery as the old one wouldn’t hold a charge (which was expected) the video is here –


Next was removing the rear axle and rear drum brake which were both seized. That can be found here –

 
and 


Then there was the chain sprockets etc and so on with the basic small stuff. 

The forks

The forks had developed an oil leak which was pissing all over the front tyre and calliper. As this would make a good video I set about breaking them down. And what a bastard this turned out to be. The bushes inside the tube had ridden inside the oil seals. The harder I pulled the tighter they became. This is probably due to the age of the dust and oil seals and I had to hammer away to break them free.



Finally I managed to remove the tubes and got a look at the bushes – which I replaced with OEM ones. 


No comments:

Post a Comment